Wednesday 16 August 2017

- 31 - How To Write Good



Author:
Ryan Higa

Published:
2017

Genre:
NonFiction

224 Pages [English Edition]




I bought this book because I love Ryan Higa and his videos incredibly much.
[In case you don't know him: he is a pretty famous YouTuber xD]

I was very curious about this book because Ryan doesn’t really seem to be the ‘writing a book’-kinda guy. I didn’t really inform myself about this book’s content either. I literally just bought it because of its lovely author. xD

Content


Review

I actually am very, very, very sad to say this. And it really hurts me from the bottom of my heart to write this down here… but…
I don’t really like this book. :c

I literally am so sad about this, I didn’t really want to admit it until now. :o
I am going to start this review with the things I liked about ‘How To Write Good’ though.

The style of writing is very ‘Ryan’ and that’s why very good and amusing. I literally could hear him saying some sentences out loud in my head.
Another thing I really appreciate about this book is the fact that the reader learns more about Ryan, especially about his childhood. I personally always am very interested in learning something about the person behind a blog, a YouTube Channel, an author, an actor, …

Along with every chapter goes a little comic in which Ryan talks with the professional author Sarah who explains to him how to write a book. I really liked these.

The general idea of writing a book about the depressive thoughts Ryan had as a child, how he was bullied at school and how he dealt with it is very good and brave and I really support this.


But wrapping this up in this ‘How to Write Good Book’-thing isn’t really my thing. I don’t know. This might totally be a personal problem and I am the only person on this planet who thinks this way, but I need to write it down on here though.

The entire plot doesn’t really seem to lead anywhere; I don’t know how to describe it better. :o

My Recommendation

I would recommend every one of you to watch some [or all] of Ryans videos instead of buying his book.

You are going to have a very good time on his YouTube Channel, I promise!

He has tons of high-quality videos with fart-jokes, horrible puns and other adorable things [lamps for example] involved. xD

If you realize that you like him as a person very much [like I do] after watching his videos, you still can buy his book, but I really wouldn’t recommend you to do so if that’s not the case.

Here is one of his videos which I really, really liked:



Thank you very much for reading this review
If you happen to have already read this book let me know your opinion. :D
Hugs, leonie
=^.^=

No comments: