Sunday 15 October 2017

- 39 - Snatch


Actors you might know:
Rupert Grint *Ronald Weasley in ‘Harry Potter’*
Ed Westwick *Chuck in ‘Gossip Girl’*

Published:
2017

Genre:
Crime, Comedy

Episodes:
10

Episode duration:
~ 1 hour

Why I started watching this series you ask?
Well, that question can easily be answered: Rupert Grint 
xDD

Content

‘Snatch’ is about a group of small-time crooks that accidently steal a truck-load of gold bullions from one of the biggest drug barons in the area…

… Suddenly, Albert, Charlie and Billy are thrust into the high-stakes of organized crime with a lot of gold at hand that they don’t know what to do with.


My Review

I binge watched this series on summer holidays two month ago and I finally decided to write its review now. :D

‘Snatch’ is a very entertaining, funny, ironic, sarcastic and also a bit stupid series.


It is based on a film of the same title from 2000.
I didn’t know this film when watching the series and I still don’t know it while writing this text.

I read some other people’s reviews however that compare the two ‘Snatches’ with each other:
Most of the people seemed to apotheosise the old film. The series mostly was liked, but not as much loved as the film it is based on. But Again: I can’t have an opinion on that topic because I didn’t come to watch both of these pieces of art until now. xD


As I already mentioned at the beginning of this post, 'Snatch' rather is a comedy then a serious crime-story. It doesn’t take itself and its mostly highly incompetent characters too seriously; it just makes a lot of fun to watch.


Speaking of incompetent characters…
… the actors and the acting is incredibly good! Rupert Grint is a bomb, but also all the other actors are nailing their performances.


The figures they play mostly are those funny people you laugh about, but in the end who you also pity. They aren’t deep or special individuals; they are “normal” small-time crooks that try to come to rich and fortune. All the characters are extremely likable nonetheless and you really feel with them!


Due to the already given fact that you come to like most of this series’ characters, you will probably enjoy its ending. It isn’t a stereotypical “happy end” but it also isn’t as horrible as you could have expected it to be from such an ironic series. xD


In my opinion, ‘Snatch’ is one of the better new series out there and it definitely is worth watching.
You will most likely find yourself watching it very fast once you start it; and when you are finished you will probably crave for more.


In my eyes the ending is veeeery good and it just leaves you sitting in front of your TV with a big grin on your face.


I can’t even say why, but even several days after finishing this show I still happily had to think of it from time to time. :D

Recommendation and Stuff

I would recommend you to watch this series if you search for something light to make you laugh which still isn’t too “flat” or boring.

If you decide to watch ‘Snatch’, I promise you, that you will want more of it after its last episode…
… Well, your [and my] wish is going to be satisfied because a second season already is confirmed. :D

↘ I linked the first season's Trailer down here in case I intrigued you:  ↙

I hope you enjoyed reading this review,
Thanks for clicking

Hugs,
leonie
=^.^=

No comments: