Saturday 23 September 2017

- 36 - Swan Song



Author:
Charlotte Wilson

Published:
2017

Genre:
Novel, Romance

154 pages [English Edition]




I received this book as a reviewer’s copy. :D
So, big thanks to its lovely author Charlotte Wilson who contacted me.

Content

16 years ago the famous ballerina Beatrice Duvall died -9 days after giving birth to her daughter Ava.

The now teenaged girl comes to London to take part in a high-profile tribute to her mom and in order to get to know what kind of person her mom really was, because every one around her seems to know this mysterious woman better than herself.

As soon as Ava arrives in London she meets Seb, a cute boy who is two years older than she is and who joins her on her journey in her mother’s past. 

My Review

I don’t normally read romance books,
but his one sounded so lovely that I just couldn’t resist reading it and because I really like ballet and I came to realise that I have never read a book involving this sport before! 

For me, one of the best things about this book is that it takes place in London.
I am obsessed with Great-Britain and I would love to go there at least once in my life! 
Especially London has caught my attention.

Ava travels a lot and visits places connected to her mom in London.
That’s why the reader is taken to a virtual sight-seeing tour which I really enjoyed!
I screenshotted all the places that seemed nice and I really plan visiting all of them if I will ever be in London. xD

Another thing I enjoyed about ‘Swan Song’ is its language.
It isn’t too detailed, but still not gross. You just really enjoy walking through London together with Ava.


In addition to that, I liked this book’s length.
I love reading thick books, but sometimes reading shorter books is just very refreshing and wholesome because you don’t take ages for finishing it. :3

I didn’t take long for finishing this book. Its length combined with its easy-to-understand language, make it a very pleasant thing to read.



An aspect about ‘Swan Song’ I didn’t and don’t like, is its ending.
The ending is very fluffy, happy and perfect. In general not really a problem, but here it just didn’t seem plausible to me. Ava is struggling with herself, the loss of her mother, but also her mother’s legacy a lot and how she changes her behaviour from one moment to the other doesn’t seem logic.

This might totally be a personal ‘problem’ of mine. I can’t explain why that change wasn’t plausible to me without spoiling the end, so I won’t do it, but if you were interested in reading ‘Swan Song’ thus far, I wouldn’t just to not read it because I wasn’t that hyped about the ending.

The very last thing I liked about this book are its characters. 
Not only the main-characters, but also nearly all the other characters are extremely likable and nice to read about.

For me, one of these ‘other very likable characters’, was Seb.
He is such a nice, adorable and caring guy. 
He even seems a bit too perfect to me. I bet he has some sort of secret. I definitely need a Spin-Off or a Fan-Fiction about Seb’s mysterious past or something. xDD

Recommendation and Stuff

I really enjoyed reading ‘Swan Song’. :D

You should definitely read it if you search for a lovely, wholesome book that makes you smile every time you pick it up to continue reading.


If you are into reading romance books, you should definitely read this one and if you aren’t, then this would maybe be a good one to start. Romance is probably never going to my favourite genre of all time, but for reading one book from time to time to make you feel good, it is perfect. ^^



This book only was released a couple of days ago, so go and read it, before everyone else does. xD

Thank you very much for dropping by,
I hope you liked this review!

Hugs,
leonie
=^.^=

No comments: