Monday 31 July 2017

- 29 - Now You See Me


Actors You Might Know:
Jesse Einsenberg *Batman vs. Superman –Dawn of Justice as Lex Luthor*
Daniel Radcliffe [only 2nd film] *Harry Potter*
Morgan Freeman

Published:
1st: 2013
2nd: 2016
[3rd: 2019]

Running Time
1st: 125 min
2nd: 115 min

Genre:
Mystery, Crime


Content

At the beginning of the film we get to know four small magicians living and ‘working’ in New York. They don’t know each other, but they meet at a shabby flat where they all have been summoned to by a mysterious unknown.

One year later they work together and form the world wide known group ‘The Four Horsemen’. They give big shows, are very successful and known by everyone.

T h e   F o u r   H o r s e m e n

At the climax of their show in Las Vegas the foursome pick a random spectator, teleport him to the bank in Paris and take all the money stored there just to let it all rain down on the audience assembled in Las Vegas.

Soon the group is chased by the FBI.

Nonetheless the group has two more shows about to come up.
Every one of them with more well-hidden secrets, more clever illusions and a bigger crime than the last one


Second Film:
After disappearing for an entire year, the ‘Fantastic Foursome’ return.

During one of their shows the magicians get kidnapped by a tech genius who wants them to use their ‘magic powers’ to steal something for him.


Review

I am gonna be honest with you:

I LOVE THESE FILMS VEEERY MUCH
[The first one is a bit better than the second one; but they still both are so incredibly good! *__*]

How come that I have never heard of them before?!

Merritt McKinney
‘Now You See Me’ is surprising from the start to the finish!
I love it when you are confused as heck while watching a film; and at the end when all the secrets are lifted you finally understand what was going on all the time. ‘The Four Horsemen’ have everything under control but it really seems like they don’t. xD

In addition to that I am very fascinated by magicians in general!
I mean, I don’t really believe in magic but I don’t have anything against people that make me feel like it really exists! *____*

I always am very fascinated by how I am tricked by the same old tricks over and over again! xDD

‘Now You See Me’ never is boring because there always is something that happens.

I also really liked this film’s characters:
The friendship / hate that develops between them, how they talk with each other, and how they all trust and work with each other is very cool!

Every member of ‘The Four Horsemen’ has his own strength and weaknesses, but all together they form a fabulous group!


At the end of my Review I want to talk about a thing that might not necessarily belong in a review, but I am going to say it anyways because it is very important to me.

In the first movie literally the entire cast consists of men. There only are two female characters.
J. Daniel Atlas
These ‘only two female characters’ are exchanged in the second movie.
All the female characters in both films don’t have much text and are barely really mentioned at all.

One of the women in the second movie actually is very powerful and important, but she still is presented in a very dump way and she doesn’t have much text as well.

I researched about this on the internet a bit because I wanted to know whether there were other people who felt like I do about the female characters in these films…
… and yes, I found plenty of articles that confirmed me in my opinion and that described that women still have a harder time in the Hollywood film-business than men.

I am very naïve when it comes to emancipation. I always think that in 21st century women and men are treated exactly the same. I literally forget that not all the people think the way I do about this
Jack Wilder
topic. Every time I am reminded of the fact that there are still people on this earth who value women less than men I immediately feel incredibly sad.

I don’t want to say that the only thing a director should care about is that there are enough women in the cast. There are many more important things to care about; but not having a single female character that seems to be at least a bit important also isn’t the right way.

I kind of am sorry for this long statement at the end of my review, but this is something I really felt the need to share with someone… :o


My Recommendation

Despite this last very negative thing I talked about, I would still recommend every one of you to watch this film!

If you search for a very good, entertaining and surprising film, watch this one! *__*

Henley Reeves
‘Now You See Me’ is available on ‘Amazon Prime’ and on ‘Netflix’ for free… :D
So if you are subscribed to one of those two streaming services and you don’t know what to watch next because there simply is too much choice… watch this! :D

After finishing this post I read some other reviews about ‘Now You See Me’ on the internet…
… Many people liked this film as much as I did but there also were very many people that really hated it.

They say that there is no character development, that the plot is not plausible and that the film is ‘for 14 year old boys who think magicians can do everything they want’.

I didn’t write this down here to say that these opinions are wrong or anything; every person is allowed to think whatever he or she wants to! I just wanted to show you some aspects that other people criticised about ‘Now You See Me’ so that you are able to judge yourself whether you want to watch it or not.

I personally still would warmly recommend you to do so! :D
[I was so obsessed with these films that I forced some of my friends to watch ‘Now You See Me’… all of them liked it… or they didn’t dare to tell me the truth… anyways... WATCH THE FILM…]

Thank you so much for clicking on this review
Hugs, Leonie
=^.^=

No comments: