Sunday 12 November 2017

- 41 - Stranger Things [Season 2]


Actors you might know:
*literally all the actors from the first season*
*but apart from that, I didn’t know anyone*

Published:
2017

Genre:
Series, Mystery, Sci-Fi

Episodes:
9

Episode duration:
40-60 min


This is the review of the second season of this show. If you are interested, feel free to read my review of the previous season first. It is linked HERE. xD

I was and still am hyped about this show!
It is so incredibly good that I had to binge-watch it even though I don’t normally do that. :3


Content

The second season is set one year after the last one ended. [Again, if you are interested in its summary, click HERE to be transferred to the one I wrote.]

The four friends Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Will try to live a normal live and to forget the horrible happenings of last year.

The boys however are reminded of it more often than they would like to be. Will regularly is shook by mysterious panic attacks where he finds himself in the upside-down facing a horrible creature all on his own and Mike is still missing his friend ‘eleven’ so badly, that he tries to call her every night on his walkie-talkie.

Soon, Will’s panic attacks are getting more frequent and mysterious things start happening in the boy’s hometown Hawkins again.

Might Will’s visions of a gigantic monster attacking the town be true? Will they be able to defend themselves against such a powerful opponent?
And, even more important, where the heck is ‘eleven’?!

My Review

I had very high expectations ON and a very big fear OF this second season not being as good as the first one. My expectations were more than fulfilled and my fears were smashed into tiny, little pieces.

First of all [this always is very important to me], this season does not seem to only be made for the money; it seems to be made because it makes sense for the plot. I actually really enjoyed it from the very beginning.


In my first season’s review I talked about the lovely and adorable characters of this show for an inacceptable big amount of time. That’s why I am going to keep this part as short as possible in this review. xD

The main and the side characters still are as amazing as they were in the first season. They all grew up a bit and are different from how they were a year ago, BUT the change they went though is realistic; not too much and not too little.

Some new characters are added to the already known ones from first season.
I was very suspicious and uncertain when I first hear about this, but now I can say, that these new characters fit in really well and that I didn’t mind them at all.


The plot of ‘Stranger Things – Season 2’ is very good: thrilling, exciting, addicting, …
For me, it was just as good, maybe even slightly better than the first one’s! :D

A thing that I need to mention at least on a quick note is the fact, that of course ‘Stranger Things’ is a bit scary from time to time. It is nothing that can’t be endured, believe me, but if you can’t stand creepy stuff on any level, this series probably isn’t the right thing for you… [Nothing to worry about, there are countless series that might be the right thing for you <3]

The ending is very good.
I have to admit that I cried several times during the last episodes. Not necessarily because it is a sad and horrible ending, but more because it was so moving and overwhelming.

Recommendation & Stuff

I would definitely recommend you to watch this series if you search for:
a bit suspense, adorable characters, incredibly good actors, supernatural abilities and a bit of drama and romance. 

It would probably be better to watch the first season first, but if you don’t want to do so, you could also start with this one, I guess. 

A third season already is confirmed.
The release date is not out yet, but I would guess that is going to be a bit more than a year again.

👾-> More than enough time for YOU to watch the first two seasons! 👾


Some time ago, I renamed this part of my reviews to ‘Recommendation AND STUFF’.
I now, am going to make use of the ‘and stuff’-part. xD

There currently is a little bit of an online storm around Finn Wolfhard, the actor of Mike. Apparently, some fans waited outside of his hotel for him to return. When he saw them, he didn’t stop to take pictures with them, but he immediately went to his room.

These fans then wrote hate messages to him on social media later. He himself and a lot of other actors reacted to this hate by saying, that everyone needs some privacy from time to time and only the fact that you are an actor doesn’t make you having to spend time with your fans all the time.


I just wanted to use this example as a reminder to all of us, that we need to respect people’s privacy; Also, or especially when, people are famous and decide to share a lot of their lives online with us. NOONE has the right to camp outside of the hotel room of a 14 year-old and then expect him to take pictures with you.


Sorry for this off-topic-rant, but I needed to get this off my chest. xDD

The internet is a very lovely place that I really like going to, but it also has its negative sides that we, as its users, should be more aware of…

If you want a save place to go to on the internet without hate and drama, I will tell you secret one :

There is a certain blog talking about books and series and stuff…
… it is called 'lelo.loves.books' and it is run by an extremely attractive and professional blogger… not...

WoW, I am sorry for that, I don’t know where that came from. I understand every single one of you who leaves and never returns after this disgusting self-promotion. xDDDD

Anyways, thanks for being here and maybe returning soon.

Virtual hugs,
Leonie
=^.^=

No comments: