Friday 3 March 2017

- 15 - Divide


Hello everyone!

Today is the day…

The release of Ed Sheeran’s third album ‘divide’…
Directly ordered it. I was so excited during this whole day in school!
I returned home, directly grabbed the album and ran up to my room…

I have now unpacked it and I am so excited!!!
It is so pretty! I Love the colour, the style of the little ‘book’ with the lyrics inside… just EVERYTHING!

The idea of posting about it just occurred to me… I’m sorry if I bore you with this, but I HAVE to share my excitement with someone!!! I can’t just sit in my room and enjoy it for myself. 
*all my friends have a different taste of music than I, so I can’t speak with them about it*

Before beginning with this I want to stress, that this only is my first expression of the album… 
Probably my opinion on most of these songs will change in the future…

Ed Sheeran is my second favourite singer so don’t expect to read a rational review of ‘Divide’ in the following… xDDD

But please enjoy it.

=^.^=

*I want to add one thing, I didn’t correct this post as often as I should have, so there probably are some mistakes, I am sorry. The problem that I have dancing lessons in thirty minutes and I still have to edit the pictures but I don’t want to publish this later because I am way too excited. <3*

I put the CD into my CD-Player now …
… I press the ‘play’-button… 

01 – Ereaser
Wow, is he rapping?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,
The Refrain is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The beginning didn’t really captivate me, but that refrain just is amazing!
I am going to sing this for the next few months!
Okay, I now love the strophe too. xD
Refrain… amazing… still flashed…
I am not a very big fan of the guitar, but in Ed Sheeran’s songs, I really like it…

02 – Castle on the Hill
I already know this… ^^
*me knowing all the text*
*Me frenetically singing* ‘Over the Castle on the Hill’
I like it, but I think that I have already listened to it a bit too much… :o
But it is so very, very good though!

03 – Dive
Oh, that one is slow and calm. ^^
Funny rhythm. xD
Urgh, don’t like the chorus… this sounds awful!
Okay that ‘before I dive right into you’ at the end is amazing and catchy… * ____ *

04 – Shape of you
I already know this one too.
At the beginning I didn’t really like it, but now I really love it!
‘I’m in love with your body’
I always have to think of the music video to this song… it is so funny… because Ed looks as pale as a white wall next to the woman he dates in it. xD
‘Come on be my baby, come on, come on be my baby!!! * ____ *
05 – Perfect
While singing the first sentence his voice sounded so different. xD
Ohh, love the lyrics.
It is slow and very calming like ‘Dive’- love it
Oh, if the strophe was cute the refrain is even cuter!!! <3
‘Darling just hold my hand’ –‘I see the future in your eyes’
His voice is so calming and strong at once, I am amazed by it over and over again!
This one was pretty!

06 – Galway Girl
Oh, this one is a bit more poppy again.
The flute in the background is so cute; it is special and different, but meanwhile well-fitting.
This is a nother song I am going to learn the whole lyrics by heart and ‘rap’ it with him all time. xDD
I am in love with the violin in the background!
The melody is so cute! I feel the urge to dance!

07 – Happier
A calm one again…
Oh, this one is so sad, I don’t really know what to say about it…
Every word would destroy the atmosphere…
So sad… I want to hug someone!
‘I’ll be waiting here for you.’ –I am dead

*I needed to pause the CD here because the last song left me as a mental wreck and the next song began ‘happy’ like a pop song. I ate a slice of Pizza and now am calmer… actually this was a bit exaggerated, I felt very sad, but I also was very, very hungry, so I decided to eat… xD*

08 – New Man
The melody is so happy but if my English-knowledge hasn’t completely vanished, the lyrics are so sad …
I think it isn’t my favourite song of this album, but it definitely isn’t bad either!
I don’t know why, but I think this one would be nice to listen to in the car. xD

09 – Hearts don’t break around here
A ballad again. :D
This one is so pure. 
<3
Also not my favourite song, but very, very good and worth listening though! It is incredibly calming. :D

10 –  What do I know?
Uhh, the beginning reminds me of another song, but I can’t say which ond… xD
This one is a mixture of ballad and pop song.
Don’t really know what to write about this one…

11 – How would you feel (pean)
This one is very calming and quiet… 

12 – Supermarket Flowers
Oh my gosh, this is so good…
I forgot to write because I was so into this song!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the CD has stopped! What’s going on?!
*me panicking* *me waiting for something to happen* 
*thirty seconds later* *please, please, just play this freaking CD, after that you are allowed to die my dear CD player*
*music continues* *me sighting and banging my head on the table*
This one is so pure!
I want to listen to this for the rest of my live! <3


13 – Barcelona
This one is a ‘happy’ pop song again.
I feel the urge to nod with my head the whole time.
Ohhh, the way he speaks Spanish is so adorable! xD
I feel like this should be played on the beach… I feel like I should be sitting at the beach right now while drinking a cocktail and listening to this song… xDDDD

14 – Bibia Ye Ye
Whats up with that title?! xDD
A ‘happy’ song again. 
Like it. This is a song which should be played in summer too!
Whoa, you realize that he has thought of his songs while taking a trip around the world.
#vacationvibes
*my mom yelled at me to turn down the music… I am not going to turn it down, you can believe me. xDD*

15 – Nancy Mulligan
Love the fiddle playing again like in ‘Galway Girl’! This is new to Ed’s music… I really welcome this. :D
The Rhythm is so catchy!
Can’t stop smiling! This song is so cute!
I’m dancing as good as I can, laying in my bed with my Laptop on my stomach… xD

16 – Save Myself
Last Song; I’m crying! It can’t believe it’s already over!
This is so good for ending an album!
Best Quote of this album!

‘Before I love someone else I’ve got to love myself’


I can’t believe it’s over!
I feel so empty right now!

Please consider that these only were my first expression of the songs… 
Probably my opinion is going to change on many of these songs in the future…
I didn’t really like the first two songs Ed published [’Castle On The Hill’ and ‘Shape Of You’] at first too, but later I loved them. xD

I was a bit afraid that the album would just consist of ‘happy’ songs like ’Castle On The Hill’ and ‘Shape Of You’ because I am a very, very big fan of ballads… :3 

Conclusion

I love this album!

It began with very good songs. Then, during the eights, ninths, tenth and elevenths song I was a bit unhappy because these were the songs I liked least on this album and they all came successively… 

I was a bit sad and I thought that all the good songs would have already been played, but then after ‘Supermarket Flowers’ I had to learn that the good songs were just about to come! <3

Ed Sheeran’s songs always seem honest to me. 
They are so emotional and meaningful; with good lyrics AND with catchy and good melodies. 

I really love the mixture between emotional, sad songs and charismatic, swaggy ones.
Ed Sheeran is totally capable of doing both of these genres perfectly!

The only negative thing I want to say about ‘Divide’ is, that the songs partly are similar to each other and also to some songs of Ed Sheeran’s old albums. 

Ed sticks to his style of music and he doesn’t really try new things. For me, that’s perfectly fine because I love his style, but if you didn’t really like the other albums, I am not sure whether this one is going to please you more…

I can’t definitely say it, because just listening to ‘Divide’ once isn’t nearly enough for having an adequate opinion, BUT I think that I like this album better than ‘x’…

But I will have to write a second post just about this topic in the future, when having listened to this album more often.

I haven't nearly said all I want to say, but I really have to go now.

Goodbye
Leonie
<3

No comments: