Thursday 17 November 2016

- 5 - Miss Marple


Genre: Detective Story
Black-and-White-films
books written by ‘Agatha Christie’
films released 1961 - 1965
________________________________________

Yeah, I know this one is old, even very, very, very old… but I absolutely love it anyway. I have watched all the movies several times years ago. After watching them now I remarked again how cute and amazing they are. I need to admit that I have never read the books, so I can’t evaluate these films in relation to them.

Content

I won’t specify on one film here, so I will tell you the content in general… :D

All the films are about Jane Marple, a lusty, old women who solves crimes. The police always stress that they don’t want her, an old, silly, lady to help them, but she ignores this and solves all the cases the police isn’t able to.

Miss Marple always gets helped by her friend Mister Stringer who isn’t really talented in finding secrets but without whom the movies would be much more boring and without whom Miss Marple would be lost too. xD

My Review

The two main characters Jane Marple and Jim Stringer are so lovely. You enjoy watching them with every second.

Because the two are old people, the movies have a different atmosphere from other detective stories. It kind of is unhurried but still not boring.

On the contrary, sometimes the movies are pretty scary and only calm Miss Marple keeps me from freaking out!

The only thing I don’t like about the films is… that Miss Marple and Mister Stringer don’t go out with each other. They would fit so well and I would really like them being together! <3

When I heard the actors of these two characters being married in real live, I freaked out! So cute!

Another important thing I love about these films is the Music. It stays in my head the whole time, if you don’t know it, please listen to it and you will know what I mean. ^^

Finally, I not only love the character of Jane Marple but how Margaret Rutherford plays her too! She fits perfect into the role of tough Miss Marple. At first sight an old, sweet lady, after a second glance an excellent detective!
I know this must sound weird, but I especially love her mimic. The way she moves her mouth while thinking is absolutely cute and adorable. xD

I don’t think I would have liked Jane Marple that much if she would have been played by another actor.

Recommendation

I would warmly recommend these movies to everyone who likes detective stories without much action.

For obvious reasons you shouldn’t have anything against old movies too. xD

If you like cute main characters to identify with easily, you absolutely should watch it!

I think you will know very fast whether it is your kind of movie, or not. So if you aren’t sure what to think about it give it a try for about five minutes and you will know it for sure. :D

My favourite movie is ‘Murder, She Said’ so if you don’t have a special film in mind please start with this one! *Please watch it!* #fangrilforlive

Please write me what you think about these films. <3

Love,

Ⓛⓔⓞⓝⓘⓔ

Photo source

No comments: