Sunday 29 January 2017

- 10 - Sherlock


Actors you might know:
Benedict Cumberbatch *Alan Turing, ‘The Imitation Game’*
Martin Freeman *Bilbo Beutlin, ‘The Hobbit’*
[FunFact I enjoyed: Cumberbatch dubbed Smaug form ‘The Hobbit’]
Published:
2017
Genre:
Series, Detective Story

Episodes:
‘The Six Thatchers’
‘The Lying Detective’
‘The Final Problem’

Episode duration:
90 min
________________________________________
'They've always been there, and they always will.
The best and wisest men I have ever known.
My Baker Street Boys.
Sherlock Holmes and John Watson.'
-Mary Watson

Content

[I don’t really know how to sum up the content of the entire season without spoiling anything… I am just going to tell you the general topic of the ‘Sherlock’ Series and the content of the first episode of this season. :D]

*I assume that all of you at least know the general story of Sherlock Holmes, but I am still going to say a bit about it. :D*

Sherlock Holmes is a brilliant, high functioning sociopath who uses his ingenuity for assisting the police with solving crimes they aren’t able to on their own.

Despite being very clever Sherlock doesn’t have any social skills at all.
Because of that, he only has one friend: John Watson
The former army doctor helps Sherlock solving his cases and runs a famous blog where he writes about his every day live with the brilliant detective.

The series ‘Sherlock’ especially revolves around the ‘fight’ between Sherlock and the villain Moriarty.

The first episode of the fourth season deals with a crime series Sherlock solves very fast.
A detail of these murderers nobody but Sherlock cares about is that with every break-in a bust of Margaret Thatcher is destroyed.

Tracing these leads Sherlock is guided to the mysterious past of John’s wife Mary.
Getting deeper into the woman’s history Sherlock has to learn that some secrets better remain secrets.
________________________________________
Mrs. Hudson: 'Would you like a cup of  tea?
Mycroft: 'Thank you.'
Mrs. Hudson: 'The kettle's over there.'

My Review

If you haven’t already heard…
Literally every single person on this planet hates the fourth ‘Sherlock’ season and especially the last episode.

I am very sad and surprised about this because I absolutely loved it!

I admit that many of the characters act a bit ‘out of character’ and that the story is very crazy from time to time… But I still love it!

The fourth season of ‘Sherlock’ is full of tension, thrill, drama, love, scary moments and so many surprises that you can’t count them!

In addition to that, there are lots and lots of cool quotes to be found in this season. I had to pause it every minute for being able to appreciate them. I could hardly decide on the one I wanted to cite here. xD
I watched the last two episodes in the middle of the night and it was very hard for me not to laugh out loud and wake everyone up.

Many people think that this season is way too confusing but I find some episodes of the other seasons much more confusing than any of this one!

The only thing I don’t really like about this season is, that in ‘The Lying Detective’ Sherlock is so destroyed.
He suffers very, very much. I felt incredibly sorry for him the whole time!
The reason why he suffers so much (Mary’s video message) doesn’t seem very realistic to me. I don’t think that it is plausible what she asks Sherlock to do for Watson.
What she says about Johns character might be right but the solution she proposes isn’t logical in my eyes.
*If you have watched it you will understand what I mean… if you haven’t, just skip the last paragraph and maybe reread it after you’ve seen it. :D*
________________________________________
'People leave their bodies for science.
I think canibals would be so much more grateful.'
-Jim Moriarty

Recommendation

As I have already mentioned, EVERYONE hates the fourth season and not a single person on this planet probably would recommend you to watch it…

But because this is my blog and I want to tell you my honest opinion here…
I advise you to go see it. :D

If you have seen the other seasons this one will be very great because many characters of the previous seasons are mentioned and shown again.
If you haven’t watched the other seasons you can still watch this one, I think, but in my eyes it would be better to watch the others first. Because without watching them, you wouldn’t be able to understand many of the jokes and references and that’s why it would only be half as much fun. ^^

I can’t really say whether I personally want another season to be made or not. On the one hand I naturally would find it amazing to have another season with many more stories about John and Sherlock…
But on the other hand I don’t want the next season to be crappy. It could happen that a next one will seem like it’s just being made for money and not for the story and I really don’t want that to happen with such an amazing series as Sherlock.

In consideration of the ‘Sherlock’ fandom, I have to desperately wish for another season.
I don’t want all these people having to live with an ending they hate! Sherlock is such an amazing series and I don’t want that the whole fandom not to like the whole series anymore just because of the, in their opinion, awful end.

If there is going to be another season I assume that we will have to wait for it for a very long time because Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman both are very popular actors right now. :O
But, because of that, I now kind of feel privileged for having those two awesome actors in one series. *Reading it here, I realize that this sounds a bit stupid. But, nah, who cares. xD*

This one has become so long! xD
I couldn’t hold myself from showing more and more of my excitement to you guys.

I hope that at least one single person who reads this, agrees with me about this, it would really make me happy. :3

Hugs
Ⓛⓔⓞⓝⓘⓔ


picture source

'You have to sit in the chair.
They won't talk to you unless you sit in the chair,
it's the rules.'
-Mrs Hudson to Mycroft

No comments: