Wednesday 12 April 2017

- 19 - TABINOF


Authors:
Daniel Howell & Phil Lester

Published:
2015

Genre:
Comedy, autobiography, humour?!
*I don’t really know in which genre I should assign this book… xD*

224 pages [English edition]



I mentioned buying this book in my first recoSUNDAYtion post… this is the book I bought for my ‘private usage’… xDD

For all of you who don’t know them:
Dan and Phil are pretty famous YouTubers and this is the first book they wrote.

I wasn’t sure whether I should write a review about this book here or not, because it is a YouTuber’s book and the opinions on these kind of book are very different in general and because it contains many, many pictures and it doesn’t really is that typical book you are expecting to read about here…

 BUT I finally decided to do it anyways *obviously* because I really liked it and I want to write about things I like on this blog, no matter if you are interested in it or not. 
[lol, that was evil, don’t leave me please, keep coming here, the next review is going to be about a book you like, I promise!]

<3

Content
This book contains many, many different aspects of the life, the carrier or just the personality of these two lovely YouTubers.

Many insiders their subscribers already know from watching their videos get explained again but you also learn many, many new things about the two of them.

Here are some examples for what the chapters are about: :D
their births, reasons why Dan’s a fail, how their YouTube channels started, why Phil was a weird kid, their trips to Japan and Las Vegas, how their flat looks like and much, much more! xD
this is what it says on the back for the ones who are interested
^^
Review
In general I can say:
I really like Dan and Phil and that’s why I really like this book.

I have watched all their videos and I just find them so lovely and cute, I can’t put it in words!

*I still am not that kind of a FanGirl who draws FanArt, comments on all their videos [I actually never ever comment on YouTube videos, Tweets, InstagramPicutres, etc at all… I don’t like doing this, but I really enjoy reading the others’ comments] and has bought all of their merch… 
I am more that kind of ‘they are so cute, it would be nice to meet them but because this probably is never going to happen I just watch their videos and their live shows and I am happy with it and I love them and my live’-FanGirl <3*

So now, back to the actual book I am writing this review about… xDD

During reading TABINOF I had very many different emotions.
During some [most of the] chapters I was like ‘this is so lovely and cute and lovely, I am so happy that I bought this book’, during other chapters I was like ‘oh, shit. Why did I buy this, I am way too old for this, this was written for little girls, I feel so weird, why do I love them so much, I am eighteen, I am too old!?!’ and during other [not many, but some] chapters I just was like ‘this is a bit boring… I am just going to skip these pages and read them later’.

So, as you can see, it is very difficult to write a review about this book because I am very confused myself. xDD

Some of the chapters definitely are better than others and as I already said some chapters seem to be written for younger people [I don’t really act according to my age anyways, so it is okay for me, but maybe it bothers you]. xDD

Some chapters I personally really enjoyed are:

BBC
The two of them once had a BBC-radio show and I didn’t really know much about it before reading the book because I joined the Phandom [=Fandom of Dan and Phil] too late when they already had ended it. :o


What they text each other
This only is one page, but it is so nice, I love it. :3

Behind the Camera
I really enjoyed this chapter and the chapters where they talk about the beginnings of their channels. I find that so interesting because many, many YouTubers delete their first videos because they are ashamed of them, but Dan and Phil don’t. xD

I also liked so many other chapters, but I don’t want to bore you with naming them all. :o

One last thing I really appreciated just came to my mind... the existential crisis hallway...
I  definitely need one too!
In this hallway Dan is lying whenever he has an 'existenetial crisis'... he filmed a video about this, please watch it... it just is so relatable! [click HERE to watch it]

My Recommendation
Well, I definitely would only recommend you to buy and read this book if you know and like Dan and Phil.

There is no deep story and no amazing plot which would make you like this book if you don’t like them. :D

This book just is very cute and lovely just like its authors *awwww, cute*

After reading it once you still can take it out of your shelf, reread a random page and that still is
going to make you smile. :D

They also wrote a second book about ‘The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire’ which is called ‘Dan And Phil Go Outside’. I am not sure whether I will buy it or not, but if I do so, I also will write a review about it here. ^^

So, thanks for reading. Please comment if you agree or disagree with my opinion.

Have a nice day. :D

Hugs,
Leonie

=^.^=

There is one last thing I want to show you guys...
there is one page which is called 'pictures you may have never seen'...
Look at this picture! Isn't it the best?! *____*

I literally forgot tell you the names of the YouTube Channels of Dan and Phil. So here you go in case you now want to watch some of their videos. xD
Phil = amazingphil

No comments: